Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wednesday was an interesting day for me. I understand that the feelings I am having are not always rational or sane but they are messing with me none the less. For awhile yesterday I was pretty discouraged because I felt like the other kids were playing in the deep end of the pool and I was stuck in the shallow end wishing that I could swim. Writing the story is new to me and I struggled with it. We are receiving first class training and Kelly is reassuring me that I am doing fine and also reminded me that it was only the 3rd day of training.

As of right now I have shot, edited, wrote and voiced two stories that were completely mine, which came out pretty good considering I have never wrote or voiced a story before. I will say again that I am going to like being a VJ.

Cutting the voice track of my narration seems weird. I must have done 50 takes yesterday trying to get it just right. I tried voicing the narration as if I was telling the story to my wife. I am sure I will get better it with time. I always admired how my friend Luke Duecy, an anchor and reporter in Richmond, Virginia voices his narrations. Luke makes it sound like he standing next to me telling me about the story.

I am off to see what I will learn today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you're first couple of stories T !!!
The more you know… the farther you’ll go.
Anyway, great job on the blog -- and don’t worry about the voice track or TV Spy – They have other things they should be worrying about.
Back to tracking -- The only thing I’ve learned over the years is -- If you try to hard – It’ll sound like it.
I think you’re on the right track (no pun intended) –- Just track like your talking to your buddy.
Don’t over annunciate and you’ll be fine!!
Keep up the good work T – I’ll talk to you later.