Thursday, July 07, 2005

We had a photographers meeting with the boss last night. I received answers to many questions that have been on my mind since the big announcement was made. Several of the topics were internal policy issues that I do not need to share but I did hear some very exciting info about the future.

Most of the negative comments that I have read are based on the old, standard way of gathering news. I believe you will see a huge change in the way that the news is covered and collected. The vj system will allow us to work together in new and creative ways to make a better product. I would not say that the possibilities are endless but the options are plentiful. Management expects personalities to be seen in our work and our stories to be varied based on individual style.

How many of you are sick of the doom and gloom of local news? The attitude of "if it bleeds it leads" has strangled the news viewing pleasure from more than a few people I know. I think TV news viewers are going to enjoy the impending changes as much as me, if not more.

I am going to be on vacation next week so I will be rested, relaxed and ready for my vj training starting the 18th.

No comments: