Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Covering Katrina

I am down in Slidell, LA with Davis Nolan and Neil Orne covering the aftermath of the storm. We spent the day looking for Davis’s parents who had to be rescued from their rooftop near the 17th Street Canal. The storm has all of the communication knocked out and it is hard to get anything accomplished. To make a long story short, we found the Nolan’s in Baton Rouge and they safely got on an airplane and went to Russell Nolan’s house in Pensacola, Fl.
As usual, when covering a disaster with out our own truck it is a nightmare. We are working together well and making the best out of a hard situation. I have not gotten much sleep since yesterday morning and I am starting to feel it.
The pic is from a standup from my story today. I did a simple story about the mess and tried to paint a picture of what it looks like down here.
I am going to go for now. More later when I can get a connection.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe Todd.

I haven't seen your story but remember your job is to do the best job you can in that situation. It may not be art but sometimes just being able to get a story back and on the air means more.

I watched the prep story of you guys packing to go. Nice RV. At least you won't have to hunt for a bathroom!

Who shot your standup?

I look forward to watching your story when they post it on the WKRN web site. Until then take care of yourself and get home safe.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Todd!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd
You guys watch your asses down there! By the way, you did a KILLER job on the stand up. Relaxed and totally natural, a hundred times better than the conventional stand upper by the pros (nothing personal Neil).
rosenblum

Todd Dunn said...

by the way, neil orne shot my standup for me. he did a fine job too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info about the stand-up Todd. Now if they would just post your story on the WKRN web site...

Get some rest and stay safe!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I also have a site about back wakeboarding
. You can check it out at back wakeboarding
.

Also, as a special bonus for your visitors, i want to tell you about a site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam! Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if you qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about boating waterskiing
. You can check it out at boating waterskiing
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam