Thursday, September 01, 2005

Devestation


We had another long day today but it’s nothing compared to what people down here in Louisiana. I have nothing to complain about. I was walking through a neighborhood looking at the destruction and I felt the emotion welling up inside me.
We were able to offer a little help to a few. News 2 sales staff hooked us up with extra water to hand out and we were able to give water to a few families that needed it. It wasn’t much but it helped in a small way. I have a list of names and phone numbers of people to call and tell them their loved ones are okay. Cell services has been non existent for the most part. We got into New Orleans around 3pm and found cell service but it has been spotty because of the volume of calls going on.
We are at the spot were people are being evacuated from the city. There are about 1500 people waiting to get on a bus to Houston, TX. I have never seen any thing like it.
The picture is Carol Weller finding a destroyed Bible that meant a lot to her.
ps. please pardon mistakes because I am not getting much rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are taking care of yourselves. All of our thoughts are with you even here in London.
-Rosenblum