Friday, September 30, 2005

Love of my Life

Behind every great man is a greater woman. I’m far from great but I definitely have a great wife. Ember is always there when I need her and is very understanding of my job. She is supportive when I start talking about going on some not so safe assignments like covering hurricanes. Even though she is worried about my safety while I’m gone, doesn’t sleep well and has to get up earlier than normal to take care of the pets she always tells me to go. She even gave me her blessing to be an embedded photographer with an artillery unit of the 101st during the beginning of the Iraq war. I think she was worried sick the whole time I was gone.
I love her so much and I don’t know what I would do without her. I learn something new from Ember all the time but she made me laugh last night after reading my blog entry. I made mention of wireless internet connections or a wifi hotspot. When I got home Ember asked me, what is a wiffee? I smiled and explained it is pronounced whyfi. Just another reason why I am crazy in love with her.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

yep, wives are the best! And the saying you quoted at the beginning of this post is so true, so true!

Praise God for the gift of an awesome wife!