Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Life

Life is not fair! I’m sure we have all heard that statement before. I trust God to lead me where I need to go, play the cards dealt to me and keeping moving forward. Whining or complaining isn’t good for anyone so I try not to do it.

I would like the attitude around News 2 to be like a sports team. An underdog team that everyone expects to beat easily, until they face us and realize they have seriously underestimated our team. I think we are on the way to that attitude around here. As a staff, we were blind sided by the switch to video journalist. I have been a video journalist for nine weeks and I still like it. Those who didn’t want to do the vj thing have moved on and that is okay too. I would much rather work beside someone who is happy with their job!

If you have a good attitude and see the glass is half full, then send me your resume and I will be happy to put in a good word for you.

The feedback from friends and people on the street has been really good. I think our audience likes the changes they are seeing on the news.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resume? sure- but without experience... I don't think I even stand a chance.

Anonymous said...

Are the ratings reflecting that the audience likes the changes?

Anonymous said...

It is clear the former reporters are having an easier time than the former photogs...partcularly when it comes to voicing the stories. Listening to some of the narrations is truly painful.

Todd Dunn said...

I think it is too early to judge what the audience thinks by looking at the ratings. I predict good ratings soon. I will keep you posted if I am right or not. Time will tell.

Retired Reporter, you should know from your own experience, that tracking a story is not the easiest thing to do. Try to remember your first time. I bet you weren't thrilled with it. I don't like how I sound and would like to be more conversational. I think I'm getting better but also realize I have a long way to go. My fellow photogs will also improve with me.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was thrilled with it since my job was mainly voice talent.