Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Turn around

I am getting faster at writing stories with each time I do it. Whether or not I am getting better at writing is still up for debate. I was able to turn a story on the first day of school in Cheatham county for the 5pm news. I decided to tell the story through a teacher who was teaching for the first time.
I was asked yesterday if I am enjoying my new job. I am enjoying my new job! It is more work than I ever had to do before because I am so slow at the process. It is hard to find the time to check on story tips, make calls and get the basics done. I could use longer days. As a matter of fact, I need to get busy right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,
Just a couple of questions on how WKRN is handling the conversion to VJs. Do you also shoot stories for reporters as you did before or are you on your own every day now? I assume that there are photogs still around to shoot for reporters on the bigger stories. Is that true? Will that eventually go away and ALL stories be covered by VJs?

Todd Dunn said...

I have not worked with a reporter since I have been trained. One day I was pulled to run a live truck for breaking news. We will have more options on how we staff different situations. I can work with a reporter if the story warrants a two person crew or I can do it on my own. I think there will be times when we still need a two person crew. News 2 can use that option when needed which makes us a more flexible news team.