Monday, August 22, 2005

Announcement

Today the station announced it is buying fourteen new cars so all the vjs will have a vehicle to drive. I think that is pretty big news. I am excited because my news car currently has 154,000 miles which means I will also be getting a new company car.

I had another great weekend. As usual, it went by way to fast though. I went wake boarding on Center Hill lake with Ember and friends. Ember continues to get better at water skiing. She wants to be able to jump the entire wake before the summer is over. We had a double decker pontoon boat, two personal water craft and a ski boat. It was a great time to relax and enjoy the day. I even got to see fellow vj Neil "Big Brain" Orne water ski. He's not to shabby of a skier!

I was able to turn another story today. I found a married couple who worked for a lawn mower plant which will be closing its doors for good because of bankruptcy. Debbie Durrentt, who was laid off last Friday,has worked for Murray for over 27 years. Debbie decided to go back to school so she can get a better job. Nearly 1200 people will soon be unemployed. I hope that I never find myself with out a job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say as a VJ you are most definately moving towards highly expendable when it comes to a ratings dip.
Any employer who moves along the path of downgrading a position will have no qualms about dumping those replacement staff in the bat of an eye-lid.

Hope the unemployment benefit payments keep up with your cost of living.

Anonymous said...

Todd. I am really enjoying keeping up with your blog as well as your great work on Channel 2! I am sorry to read such negative comments as the previous one here. You are very talented and are most certainly NOT expendable! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I cannot believe the neg. feedbacks. Your name sounded familiar but I have never really heard of you before this VJ stuff. I am impressed with the stories that you are turning out. Keep up the great work and I will keep watching 2.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed following your blog. Honest and positive. I've seen a lot of improvement in your work. I know it is not easy for you and we all have to deal with changes which we have little or no control over. Your skills are becoming more well rounded. It will help you no matter what path you choose to follow in the future.

I say this next line with all respect. Have them take another picture of you for the VJ site on the WKRN page. You're a much classier guy than that photo currently being used might suggest. TV is all image. Now you're much more a part of that side of the business.

Don't leave control of your own image up to others. Protect it and make the best presentation possible every chance you get. It's not something you should ignore.

Your pic, along with a few of the others, needs to look better.

Best to you in the future and I'll keep watching. Keep up the good work and don't stop learning.

Todd Dunn said...

John says, "I say this next line with all respect. Have them take another picture of you for the VJ site on the WKRN page. You're a much classier guy than that photo currently being used might suggest."

LOL! My wife agrees with you John. She calls that picture my mug shot photo. I am working on a better photo. Thanks for always being willing to let me know what you think. I have tried to put your suggestions to good use.