Friday, November 18, 2005

Stories

I feel like I’ve been fortunate during the first phase of becoming a video journalist. I’ve had ideas to present in the meetings which for the most part have turned out to be good stories. Lately though, I’ve noticed I am more nervous and anxious about the possibilities of not having any ideas for stories.

The management is moving from the “Oh, they are still learning” phase into a “performance” phase where we are expected to “get'r done” so to speak. Heading into the weekend I find myself worried about Monday and whether or not I’ll come up with stories to do. I been working the same beat for several weeks now so hopefully I will start getting good tips from the contacts I’ve been making.

There is a new discussion board for vj issues at blueprintpost.com. The board was created by Tim French, who trained the VJ's at WKRN and is currently training at KRON. The discussion board is a place were VJ's can go and post questions or comments. Check it out here.

No comments: