Thursday, August 03, 2006

Election Day

Today is the primary election day in Tennessee. Today will also be the first day we cover the elections as a VJ station. We will have to see how it goes. Management has asked us VJ's to do a lot of quick coverage that can be used during our web cast as well as during the news cast. The idea will be to give viewers a look in as if they are there with us.
News 2 will also be doing a web cast and streaming election results for the first time ever. It should be a good day around here today.
I'm helping cover the Harold Ford Jr. Senate race and President Clinton is scheduled to show up at LP Field to show his support for Ford. I'm looking forward to seeing President Clinton and hope to get a chance to shake his hand.

On a side note. The VJ debate is once again making the rounds on message boards like B-roll.net. McGraw-Hill station group recently announced they are switching to VJ's. I have heard that some of there people will be coming to see how we do it at the deuce.


update...I wrote this entry last Thursday and for some reason I did not post it. Here it is on 8-9-06.. Sorry it is late and untimely but it's better late than never.---- I got very close to President Clinton and if I would have been paying attention to him instead of getting video, I would have shaken his hand. Oh well, there is always next time.

A operations manager, a news photographer and two reports from San Diego spent the day at the station on Monday to get a feel for how we operate at News 2.

No comments: