Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm Still Here

I'm still around although you haven't been able to tell by checking this blog. I obviously have not been very faithful about writing entries. Thank you if you are still checking for new entries.
For the first time in my career I'm a salaried employee complete with a contract. I even received a nice raise during the process.
I'm just trying to do the best job I can. I'm curious about your opinion. I haven't had any critiques for a while so if you get a chance, give me some feedback. Click the links to see the last three stories I did.
URL=http://www.wkrn.com/node/13702 Historical land preservation purchase
http://www.wkrn.com/node/12978 My first Spot news story.
http://www.wkrn.com/node/12830 Max Anderson 86 year old volunteer.

My favorite of the three is the story about Max. What a great guy he is. I hope I will have the energy of Max when I'm almost 87 years old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd-
I don't get to watch the news much, so I took a look at your story on the 86-year-old volunteer. I cannot believe how far you've come and what an excellent story this is. It had a beginning, middle and end....your voice has improved and the writing was concise and clear. You've always been a good photographer and now you're proving yourself as a reporter. You should be proud! Kristin Helm

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are happy to have been able to keep your job at Channel 2. I also can understand your committment to yourself to find the positive in the changes there and the changes in the job that effect you directly... but... a salaried employee? I suggest this is part of the ongoing plan to cut expenses by the station management. Sure, you may have gotten a raise in base pay but I would suggest you track your real hours over the next year and compare that with your pay. I think you may not have gotten a raise after all but simply a longer work week. It will be much easier for the desk to leave you on any particulare story forever rather than get you some relief after chasing escape convicts through the woods over-night. I thibnk you have already experienced this in Dyersburg. Check back in a year and see if I'm not right on this one.

Steph said...

Congrats to you Todd! I'm happy for you! You sound so excited about everything, and that's really wonderful. It may not work for everyone, but if it's what you enjoy, then go for it!

Todd Dunn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.