Monday, January 09, 2006

Stand up

In the last two weeks I have shot two different standups (the standup is the part of the story where you see the reporter talking. It is typically in the middle of the story) for stories I've done. I have probably shot well over a thousand standups during my career but this is the first time I have ever shot them for myself. I even did a two part standup for one of the stories where I said half of the standup and then moved the camera to another position for the second part. They both came out pretty good for doing them by myself.
Our on-line producer took a job in Raleigh-Durham so the web site is not getting up dated like it should for the time being which means my stories were never posted on the web. If you know a simple way to put video on the web, tell me about it and I will try to post the stories for you to see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If your NLE has an export function you can usually save it as a different file type and choose your compression rate to make it a smaller file size. If your laptop has internet access you can upload it for free to www.pixparty.com. The filesize has to be under 10MB for video and the best file type is a WMV comppressed video file. Personally I use Adobe Premier 6.5 to accomplish the task.

Good Luck
Chris Weaver
www.TVPhotogBlog.com

Anonymous said...

So, you're admitting that your work isn't as good as the work of the traditional two person crew. Well, I admire the honesty, but what does WKRN management have to say (if anything) about it? Or have they lowered their (and the audience's) expectations of quality by replacing crews with one man bands?