Friday, September 15, 2006

A New Name

I will be changing the name of this blog and also the home of the blog. I'm switching over to a blog site hosted by News 2. I'm excited about the change becaue it will allow me to post video of my stories easier.

I will need a new name with the change and I would like it to reflect my news beat. I cover the military for News 2 so 90 percent of my stories are about the military. I'm not that creative so I would like to enlist the help of the three of you who read this. That means you, Mom, Ember and Jeff.

Give me any ideas for a name even if it doesn't include the military.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "Salute 2 You"?

Anonymous said...

Maybe "2 the Troops"...
or "Dunn with the Military"...
or "Two-State Todd"...
or "I-24 Frequent Traveler"...

I could go on forever.

Anonymous said...

I think "Salute 2 you" does not promote who is important on this blog.

It's not the station Todd...it is you.

"Todd's viewfinder"

"Dunn well"

"Dunn's Field Evaluation"

"Todd Dunn from the field"

"Dunn's Outpost"

This blog is YOU. Pick a name that speaks for YOU and not your employer.

I check in here once a month or so. You've grown as a journalist. For that you should be proud. Part of being a VJ is to stop being "just a cameraman". People are coming here to know more about Todd Dunn and not about the station you work for.

Don't disappoint them!

Keep up the good work.

Todd Dunn said...

Thanks for the ideas. I like "Dunn's Bunker" but I don't think the boss liked it very much. He mentioned he would like something with "military" in it. I think he's thinking so when someone does a search for military it will pull up my blog. I think, for the most part, people will probably search under Dunn or Todd Dunn.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your fan from way down South, Todd. This Blog is about you and your perspectives, which, by the way you communicate in an eloquent and thoughtful manner. If you suspect that most will search by your name and your boss wants "military" in the title then that doesn't leave room for much cleverness. How about something simple like "Todd Dunn's Military Report," or "Military News and Views- Stories by Todd Dunn."

Good Luck!